(Also available on Skillshare)
This class is all about painting autumn forests. I'll share my process for doing the initial value sketch as well as full walkthrough of each of these studies. In Episode 2 I will share my process for painting these autumn forest scenes while I discuss the following things:
- Value sketches
- Layering gouache
- Creating a variety of forest textures
- Lighting (front lit vs. overcast) in the forest
- Winsor & Newton Gouache
- Seawhite of Brighton Watercolor Sketchbook
- Zinc white
- Cadmium free lemon yellow
- Permanent alizarin crimson
- Burnt Sienna (barely used)
- Prussian Blue
- Perylene Black (which is a SUPER dark green)
About This Series
Gouache Landscapes is a series of classes that offers real time instruction for how to paint a variety of landscapes with gouache. Each class is 60 minutes or less so you can fit it into your busy schedule. I show you my techniques, talk about tips for getting the most out of your gouache, and talk about my own struggles and how I overcome them. There is no specific upload schedule, but my plan is to release them every 2-3 weeks.
Need more help?
Check out my other classes to improve your landscapes!
Connect on Social Media
35 minute real time tutorial